2018 K1 Shiraz

By K1


Adelaide Hills

Story: The K1 Shiraz reflects the generosity of the K1 vineyard ‘terroir’ on the Shiraz variety.  80% of the fruit is destemmed over the top of the remaining 20% which is left as whole bunches within the ferment adding layers of aromatic and textural complexity to the wine.

Vintage: The 2018 growing season started slowly, but warmer weather eventually helped to speed things up. Fruit set throughout the region was good and the low rainfall and warm weather from January to April resulted in great sugar development, while a cooler than average March offered ideal night temperatures for colour and flavour development.

Nose: The K1 Shiraz offers vibrant aromas of cool climate berries, fennel and spice.

Palate: The palate is tight, concentrated and complex with notes of plums and cherries.  Accented by notes of liquorice & spice.  Medium-bodied with excellent balance and persistence of flavour.

Pairing: The K1 Shiraz is always perfect with a hearty beef bourguignon.

Oak maturation: 30% new French oak for 18 months.

Cellaring: Drink now or to 2029

Winemaker: Shane Harris

Alc: 14.5%
pH: 3.45

TA: 6.48g/L
RS: 0.4g/L

Tax included.